So as of now I am about 12 weeks along and feeling.....well I won't lie, I feel kinda blah! Tired, a bit of nauseousness and indigestion/bloating from hell! But it's all worth it. I really don't want to complain much :)
Here is the little bean at our first ultrasound (6 weeks):

So the last two months have been remotely uneventful. I have just been relaxing and taking it easy. Looking back through the calendar, here are the highlights:
Renaissance festival: Went with a few close friends and had fun as usual. People watching never fails to entertain....it definitely attracts an interesting crowd.
Garage Sale: Made $150! Not too bad. And Salvation Army picked up anything that we didn't sell, so it was nice to finally get rid of the accumulating pile of stuff that we had stacked up in the basement.
On a somber note, my Grandfather passed away on October 21st. The whole family just sat at his bedside waiting for him to pass. It was a very sad experience. He was 86 yrs old and was a WW2 Marine veteran. Him and my Grandma had been married for 61 1/2 years. 5 children, 6 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. He was very loved and will be missed.
Birthday: Came and went, especially due to the circumstances with my grandfather. Jim took me out to a nice dinner at one of our favorite restaurants: Kruse and Muer. I got some awesome crab cakes and we had some great artichoke dip for an appetizer. I love that place!
Halloween: Pretty laid back day as well. We carved pumpkins and passed out candy. Here are some pics:

Waiting for trick or treaters

Jim was waiting too! Check out that awesome Mickey inflatable pumpkin!

Kitties wanted to come out and play!

My scary pumpkin

Jim's very creative pumpkin
Anniversary: 1 year! We made it! We had a wonderful weekend that involved a nice dinner out to Macaroni Grill, Sharing our wonderful anniversary cake (we got a fresh cake from our bakery for free), went to church at the place we were married, watched our wedding video, and cuddled up and relaxed the rest of the time. It was a wonderful weekend!


It was such a wonderful day (11-01-08)
And there we have it. It will be pretty low key until the holidays kick in....which is right around the corner! I'll admit, I'm not one who likes to start thinking about Christmas so early, but for some reason I'm getting that itch to start decorating all ready. Even Jim (who just LOVES Christmas) isn't ready to bust out the decor yet. I'll have to at least wait until after Thanksgiving.
2 comments:
Congrats to you both! A very exciting blog post! :)
I love the picture of the kitties at the door at Halloween, so cute!
Thanks Amy!
Post a Comment