Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a great week leading up to Thanksgiving! Last Saturday we got to take a tour of the Parade Company in detroit as they were preparing for "America's Thanksgiving Parade." We saw all the floats up close and learned some history about the parade and such. It was a very interesting and fun experience.

And well, I learned something else for certain that afternoon - Being pregnant I apparently don't do well standing in one place for too long. I'm fine upright, moving around, walking, etc. But as soon as I end up standing in one spot for too long, I always get light headed, dizzy and hot flashes. So I had to leave a bit early to find a good place to sit down for a bit. The same thing happens to me during church and I always end up having to sit down during the time we are supposed to be standing which seems like forever sometimes ;)

This week I only worked on Monday and then had the pleasure of enjoying the rest of the week off. I had a few vacation days to use, so I am still thoroughly enjoying that.

Tuesday I met up with my Grandma for lunch. She's doing well considering the situation (Grandpa passed away last month). She got a little choked up here and there and of course it just breaks my heart. I just am trying to do what I can to call her often and trying to see her whenever I can. Hopefully she will be able to come over for Christmas breakfast that I am trying to plan at our house.

Of course, Grandma rarely fails to show up without a gift of some sorts. So she got a couple cute things for the baby....she pretty excited ;)

Cute little Pooh Bear outfit and some cloth diaper/burp clothes.

Wednesday we started our Thanksgiving celebration. We headed downtown to the Detroit Athletic Club (DAC) to meet up with the in-laws. Thanksgiving day everyone runs a 10K race called the Turkey Trot (I was going to do it this year before I found out I was pregnant). So we got to stay in a room there since the race starts pretty early. We had an amazing steak dinner with lobster bisque and salad to start. Finishing off with creme brulee....my favorite! But that was nothing compared to thursday!!

Thursday morning I was attempting to sleep in, but ended up waking up when Jim was getting ready to leave and decided to hang out with him and his parents for a few before they were off to the races. I spent the rest of the morning lounging in the king size bed watching tv :) It was quite nice I have to say!

Now it's time for lunch.....oh my goodness. It's the best buffett EVER! We start off with a spread of veggies, salads, and other appetizer-ish foods. Then comes the main course: all the sides you can imagine (mashed potates, sweet potatoes, green beans, roasted potatoes....), ham, turkey AND beef tenderloin, eggplant lasagna and probably some other stuff I missed.

Then is the dessert.....this is where I get in trouble. This is where both Jim and I overdid it and felt like we were going to explode for the rest of the day. There was a chocolate fountain, creme brulee, rice pudding, small little cakes and pastries, fruit, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, and more. And of course I have to attempt to try bits of everything. You could of literally rolled me out of there yesterday.

Then we had to head over to my dad's house. Of course they kept asking us to eat, but there was no way. Neither of us could take a single bite. So we just watched them enjoy their turkey dinner and that was just fine with us :) However, it's once again the dessert that gets me. We broke down and had an awesome piece of home made apple pie before we left. I was still feeling full from lunch, but that pie was good. I took some of that and some chocolate cake to go....so I'm sure I'll be enjoying some of that today!

I am now enjoying my day off, lounging in my PJs right now. Poor hubby is working today AND tomorrow. Kind of a bummer. He had a few half days this week, so he doesn't feel too bad about it, he is such a saint sometimes!

No survey this week, not much going on in pregnancy land. The bump is still growing a little and became very obvious in the non-maternity dress I managed to squeeze into yesterday. So I leave you with this weeks picture!!

So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I am so thankful for my friends, family, my absolutely wonderful husband whom I simply ADORE and this blessing of having a baby that we have been given.

No comments: