Monday, April 27, 2009

Back in Gear

Alright, we are getting back in the workout saddle again. Saturday was the March of Dimes. It was a perfect day for a 6 mile walk (I think I previously said it was 8 miles, I was mistaken!). It went well and afterwards we got free hot dogs, so that was a nice bonus, lol. I got a huge blister on my foot, but other than that, it was a great event.

This morning, I decided to just do it. I am going to be late for work today, but luckily that is no big deal. I woke up later than I wanted to, but earlier than I usually do (around 7:20 or so). I lounged around, ate breakfast, and around 8:00, the urge hit me. I decided to get the heck up and do my workout again. I stuck with Level 1 still....and it went well! I think I will do maybe one or two more days of Level 1 and finally suck it up and move to Level 2. It's totally going to kick my butt, and I know it. But it will feel good to move forward.

Next month is Race for a Cure. 5K run/walk. I would love to be able to run the whole thing. So I need to really keep this going so I can have the strength and endurance to do it. This is the third year in a row. The first year I walked most, ran the last part and almost died (literally I felt like I couldn't breathe.) Last year I ran most, walked a bit and it was better....still was hard, but definitely better. I had started working out shortly before the race, so my endurance was up a bit.

So third times a charm right? This is the one I'm going to run the whole thing, right? Well, it's good to have a goal....

1 comment:

JoeyPNut said...

That is awesome that you do marathons! I don't think it is my cup of tea, but I am impressed by those that do them. Motivation is always my hardest thing too. I have been going to a class with friends from work, and they make me feel guilty when I don't go, so it works out well. Good luck with your next marathon!