The Good
- The miracle of life! We are constantly just amazed by the fact that I am carrying a living being inside of my body! Every time she moves or kicks around it is just an amazing experience. It really never gets old, I will miss it when it's gone (even though that means she is on the outside with us)!
- Body image. Okay, so this one falls into two categories I think. Before I was pregnant, I wasn't really satisfied with my body. I wasn't necessarily disgusted or anything, but I felt there was room for improvement (doesn't everybody though). Now, as my belly kept growing, it didn't bother me....because I knew it was supposed to and I liked it! Nothing else was growing along with it either, just my belly, so it made my booming thighs look a little bit smaller too ;)
- The attention! Everyone likes some positive attention now and then. The same thing seemed to happen to me when I got engaged. All of sudden strangers would come up and comment on my engagement ring. Now of course, it's attention of the pregnant belly! I've yet to have anyone come up and rub on it or something (besides some close family and friends). But even if they did, it wouldn't bother me. If it really is going to make someone have a happy moment to rub a pregnant lady's belly, I'm not gonna stop it!
- Life experience. It's just a new experience in life. It's great to have this time and to be learning as much as I can about pregnancy, birth, taking care of children, etc. We are expanding our family and we couldn't be happier about it! It is the right time in our lives for this drastic change.
The Bad
- The worry. Andrea worries about everything. First trimester was the worst I think. Just every little twinge would freak me out. I had no clue what to expect and even if things did go wrong, that early on, there really wasn't much that could be done about it. It's a scary feeling to have!! I still have that constant worry of what if something bad happens, but with each week that passes, I feel that much better knowing that if something bad did happen, there is still hope for a healthy baby with the help of modern medicine!
- The nausea. I definitely didn't have it as bad as some girls do, so for that I am very thankful! But, nonetheless, I had some nasty 'bouts of nausea during the first trimester. I was very very sensitive to smells, so anytime I walked into the garage if there were grass trimmings or garbage in there, ugh, not good. That and I had issues with taking a shower of all things. A steamy shower would totally make me super nauseous. So glad that is over with!
- The heartburn. Oh the burning. It was actually worse in second trimester. I mean, it was sit straight up in the middle of the night awaking from a dead sleep bad. It is still lingering, but thankfully (for now) it seems to be calming down. Apples have seemed to help with keeping it at bay. And well, I have been eating at least one apple a day. I guess an apple a day does keep the doctor away....at least when it comes to heartburn.
- The discomfort. The recent "uncomfortableness" is probably been the worst. I just can't get comfortable anymore. If I sit or stand too long, my back or my ribs start to hurt. And well, since I have to sit all day in front of a computer at work, let's just say I am not a happy camper. If I stand too long, I tend to get lightheaded and dizzy. So unless I am laying down or am just constantly going between sitting and standing, I am usually pretty darn uncomfortable. I don't forsee this getting any better, but hopefully it will become more manageable.
The Ugly
- Body image. Alright, we are back to this one again. Things aren't so cute anymore. Skin discoloration (the mask of pregnancy so they call it), veiny boobs which I don't find too attractive, and a little extra weight gain in other areas than the belly. I know these are things to be expected, but still...not fun. And at last but not least: (dun dun dun) Stretch marks. Ugh, I was really hoping the lathering and slathering of different lotions and creams would keep these at bay, but no. The little suckers are starting their journey around the bottom of my boobs and the bottom of my belly. It's not the end of the world of course, but definitely don't want 'em!
- Swelling. It's not bad. Normal amount I'm sure. But just enough that I have to give up wearing my wedding rings. I'm still sneaking on my wedding band and wearing it here and there, but overall, it's time to put them in their little ring boxes and just visit them daily. I feel totally bare without them. It's a uncomfortable feeling to be constantly checking my empty finger thinking that maybe next time I look down, they will be there!
I am in the home stretch really. 29 weeks down, 11 to go! Can't believe it. It is really going so fast. Still need to take this weeks picture (big surprise there). So instead of a 29 week pic, I leave you with a pic of my nice morning surprise I got from the hubby today.

What a great guy. Love ya babe!!
1 comment:
Oh, the heartburn. I feel you on that one big time. That's quite a lovely sum up of pregnancy in it's finest.
Post a Comment