Monday, December 22, 2008

Shawl for Mama!



Using size 50 needles aka "Speed Stix". I knitted this shawl/shrug in only two sessions. It was a standard stockinette stitch (knit a row, purl a row). It required using 3 strands of a bulky weight yarn. It was basically a large rectangle that I then folded in half and seamed the edges leaving just enough opening for an armhole. I would like to add a button to clasp it in the front if wanted. It was a lot of fun working with the speed stix. They were a bit awkward at first because they are HUGE and they look like drum sticks!! See a pic here!!

I tried to get a good picture of what it would look like on, but I am no good at taking pictures of myself and didn't have anyone around at the time to do it for me. I'm sure you get the idea though!

1 comment:

Crystal Golding said...

I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you had never knit anything before I visited. Now you're a pro! :)