Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Lent

So I've contemplated and figured out what I am "giving up." I'm not really giving up anything...except for perhaps an hour of unnecessary morning sleep. I have woken up about an hour earlier than I used to for the past 3 days. But with this time, I have to do something a little more productive than laying in bed watching tv.

Today: Laundry. It's a good place to start since I can still kind of relax at the same time while the wash is going. The goal is work up to exercising. If I could get up and exercise for 30 minutes in the morning before I start my day, hopefully it would improve my health issues and would definitely be a good routine to stick with. Supposedly it takes 30 days to acquire (or break) a habit. So lent is 40 days. If I can incorporate exercise into daily life (hopefully God will be enough motivation I need since I have a hard time just doing it for myself), then hopefully I would have a healthy habit that will stay with me forever.

No comments: