Friday, January 9, 2009

New Game Plan: Wake up Early

Ugh....and what a task it is. I figured out that I get WAY too much sleep every night....like no less than 10 hours. And frankly, it's just not healthy. I still wake up feeling groggy and tired. So I have decided it's time to get the normal 8 hours and see how that goes. It's day 3, and boy am I tired. Not as bad as yesterday though....yesterday was horrible.

I can't do this alone. If trusted to my own devices, I can very easily convince myself to change my alarm clock and drift back off to beddie-bye. So my dear trusty husband has to wake me up right before he eats breakfast, which is about 5:45. So not only does that get me up, it gets me out of the bed and downstairs to sit with him before he leaves for work.

Although it is super tempting to just crawl back upstairs into bed, turn off the lights and go back to sleep....I've been good. I go crawl back into bed, but I keep the lights on, turn on the tv, and get on the computer!! Perfect time to get some emailing done, update the blog, etc. Someday perhaps I'll use this time to do even more productive things, but as for now, this will do.

In order to form a new habit, the body needs to do this for roughly a month. I hope to be feeling a lot better by then.....

No comments: